TERMS AND CONDITIONS - *Note* Payments to tzulo are Non-Refundable.
- 1Fees and Billing.
- 1.1Service Charges. Customer agrees to pay the monthly charges for Services and any set up and other charges indicated on the Service Order(s) or otherwise due hereunder (collectively, “Service Charges”). Service Charges do not include any applicable taxes, which may be billed to Customer in addition to the Service Charges. If a Service Order provides for deferred payment of set-up costs over time, Customer acknowledges that it is responsible for paying in full the remaining balance of such set-up costs in the event of any early termination of the Service Order or this Agreement for any reason whatsoever.
- 1.2“Burst” Bandwidth. Billing for connectivity beyond the committed level ("burst" bandwidth) will follow the "95th percentile" rule: Usage samples will be collected and sorted from highest to lowest and the top 5% discarded. The next highest sample (the 95th percentile number) will then be used as the basis in computing the charge for the month for bandwidth beyond the committed level. See “Addendum: Tzulo, Inc. Bandwidth Terms” for further details
- 1.3Billing and Payment Terms. Beginning on the date of commencement of the Services, as set forth in the Service Order or otherwise documented, Customer will be billed monthly in advance for the contracted Services; except for specified one-time additional Services ordered by Customer and for “burst” bandwidth, which will be billed after the end of the month. All Service Charges and other fees will be due in U.S. dollars within fifteen (15) days of the date of invoice, or on such other terms as Tzulo may require if Customer has not met the criteria for an unsecured net-15-day line of credit. Late payments will accrue interest at a rate of one and one-half percent (1 ½%) per month or the highest rate allowed by applicable law, whichever is lower. If Customer fails to make payments when due and does not cure such failure within (10) days after receipt of written notice of the same pursuant to the terms hereof, Tzulo will consider Customer in default of its payment obligations hereunder, may suspend service to Customer and require payment in advance of further Services.
- 1.4Unmetered Bandwidth. Unmetered Bandwidth maintains a no commit gurantee on ports speeds for services. Unmetered Bandwidth services allow customers to burst to the full speed of the service port for short time periods, but not to have sustained usage that is greater then 95% metric of 30% of the port. ie a 100mb port cannot be utilized and sustained beyond 30megabits without upgrading service to a dedicaed or Burst Bandwidth model. ie a 1gigabit port cannot be utilized beyond 30% or 300mbs of sustained usage (95th metric) without upgrading bandwidth options with tzulo. Tzulo has the right to cap, rate limit, or traffic shape your service to comply with our needs to maintain a fair and acceptable usage amongst other customers on this shared service. Unmetered Service is not gurantee of any port speeds or performance metrics. It is the ability to burst without metering for compensation. Tzulo reserverse the right to terminate services with customers when it sees an undue burden on its network or its other customers. Unmetered service is a shared service with no gurantee of bandwidth, MB transfereed or other metrics of any kind.
- 1.5Payment Methods. Tzulo requires all customers to make payment via one of the following methods but not limited to: Credit Card, Paypal, Bank Transfer ACH/Wire Transfer, or BTC direct payments at the time of service due date. Failure to pay for services due may result in disconnection and/or termination of services. All customers that have a single or multiple services that equal to or greater then $5000/month will incur a 3% processing fee for all credit card/paypal transactions. It is the responsibility of the buyer to pay for services without fees to be paid by tzulo for services rendered. Payments without fees include not limited are: Bank Transfer - ACH, WireTransfer, or Check. Bitcoin payments for services over $10,000/month will include a 1% fee. All subscription based services such as paypal are the responsibility of the buyer to cancel. Tzulo will not be held liable for subsequent payments for services that have been cancelled or changed, yet subscription is still being paid by the account holder. Tzulo will only refund a maximum of 3 months worth of payments once it is brought to our attention. Tzulo does not cancel subscriptions, it is the responsibility of the subscriber to cancel the subscription from there end.
- 1.6Support Times. Tzulo support is for unmanaged support for all services. Tzulo will not configure servers beyond their initial configuration, nor maintain servers, check raid status, or provide alerts for downtime or issues. Furthermore Tzulo support queue provides tech responeses that are typically up to 4hrs for initial response. While almost all requests are answered within 1 hour irrespective of urgency, we ask that you select the appropriate value for your issue or question. Urgent requests determined to be not directly related to our infrastructure may result in a managed support fee. LOW Non critical requests, licensing, general questions - 24 hours --- MEDIUM Application or O/S level issue (able to connect to server) 2-6 hours --- HIGH Critical service impacting (unable to connect to server) 0-2 hours. Reinstall queues and hardware replacement are 24hrs or less.
- 3.1Equipment Sales. If any Service Order includes the sale of equipment to Customer (including hardware, software, or other equipment), Customer agrees to pay the prices specified in the Service Order plus all applicable taxes, import and custom duties, and similar charges, upon the terms set forth herein. All risk of loss or damage to such equipment passes to Customer upon installation to Customer’s data center space or such other point designated in the Service Order. Title passes to Customer when all outstanding balances due for such equipment are paid in full. In the event Customer defaults on its payment obligations hereunder, Tzulo may enter the premises wherein the equipment may be found and take possession and remove such equipment.
- 3.2Supplied Equipment. Customer shall have no right or interest in any equipment supplied by Tzulo other than the right to use such equipment during the specified term while payments are current. Customer shall be liable to Tzulo for any damage to such equipment caused by Customer or Customer’s representatives, agents or employees.
- 6.1ExclusionsIn no event will Tzulo be liable for any incidental, punitive, indirect or consequential damages (including without limitation any lost revenue or lost profits) or for any loss of technology, loss of data, or interruption or loss of use of Service (except as set forth in any applicable Service Level Agreement) or any other similar claims by Customer or related to Customer’s business, even if Tzulo is advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 6.2.Maximum Liability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, Tzulo’s maximum aggregate liability to Customer related to or in connection with this Agreement whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise will be limited to the total amount due to Tzulo from Customer hereunder for the first twelve (12) month period of the Agreement.
- 7.1.Covered Claims. Each party (the “Indemnifying Party” for purposes of this Section) will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party (the “Indemnified Party”), its directors, officers, employees, and affiliates (collectively, the “Indemnified Entities”) from and against any and all claims, actions or demands brought against any of the Indemnified Entities alleging: (a) infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property rights by the Indemnifying Party except to the extent caused by the Indemnified Party; (b) defamation, libel, slander, obscenity, pornography, or violation of the rights of privacy or publicity, or spamming or any other tortuous or illegal conduct; (c) any property loss suffered by any other customer of Tzulo resulting from acts or omissions by the Indemnifying Party or its representative(s) or designees; or (d) any personal injury suffered by any representative, employee or agent of the Indemnified Party arising out of such individual’s activities related to the Services except to the extent caused by the Indemnified Party’s negligence or willful misconduct (collectively, the “Covered Claims”).
- 7.2.Notice Procedure. The Indemnified Party will provide the Indemnifying Party with prompt written notice of each Covered Claim of which the Indemnified Party becomes aware. At the Indemnified Party’s sole option, it may elect to participate in the defense and settlement of any Covered Claim, provided that such participation shall not relieve the Indemnifying Party of any of its obligations under this Section. The Indemnifying Party shall have the right to control the defense of any Covered Claim.
- 9.0Termination. Tzulo and its clients have the right to cancel any monthly services with a 30day written notice to eachother. Services that are longer then month-to-month or paid on a different schedule may need longer conncellation notices. Please see contract specific details at the time of service.
- 9.1Nonpayment. In addition to its rights under Section 9.3 below, Tzulo may suspend service to Customer if Customer is in default of its payment obligations hereunder. Reinstatement of Services may involve costs, for which a reconnection fee may be required. Nonpayment of any outstanding invoices more then 15days old may result in ALL services being suspended, not just the services in the invoices that are outstanding.
- 9.2Bankruptcy. Either party may terminate this Agreement upon written notice to the other party if such other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, or liquidation for the benefit of creditors, if such petition or proceeding is not dismissed within 60 days of filing.
- 9.3Breach. Except as otherwise stated, either party may terminate this Agreement if the other party breaches any material term or condition of this Agreement and fails to cure such breach within ten (10) days.
- 9.4Effect of Termination. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement: (a) Tzulo will cease providing the Services; (b) except in the case of termination by Customer pursuant to Section 9.3, all of Customer’s payment obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to the Service Charges through the end of the Term indicated on the Service Order(s) will become due in full immediately; and (c) Tzulo reserves the right to restrict Customer’s physical access to its equipment in any facility of Tzulo’s and to hold such equipment securely until payment in full has been received or until such equipment is taken in full or partial satisfaction of any lien or judgment.
- 9.5Payment Threats. Any indication of non-paying future invoices, threats of chargeback, or other declarations of not paying for services that are owed to Tzulo will result in IMMEDIATE suspension of ALL Services with Tzulo.
- 11.1.Force Majeure. Other than with respect to failure to make payments due, neither party shall be liable under this Agreement for delays, failures to perform, damages, losses or destruction, or malfunction of any equipment, or any consequence thereof, caused or occasioned by, or due to fire, earthquake, flood, water, the elements, labor disputes or shortages, utility curtailments, power failures, explosions, civil disturbances, governmental actions, shortages of equipment or supplies, unavailability of transportation, acts or omissions of third parties, or any other cause beyond its reasonable control.
- 11.2Confidentiality. Each party agrees that all information furnished to it by the other party, or information of the other party to which it has access under this Agreement, shall be deemed the confidential and proprietary information (collectively referred to as “Confidential Information”) of the Disclosing Party and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the Disclosing Party (the party furnishing the Confidential Information referred to as the “Disclosing Party” and the other Party referred to as the “Receiving Party”). Each party shall treat the Confidential Information and the contents of this Agreement in a confidential manner, shall use such information only to the extent necessary to perform its obligations hereunder, and, neither party may directly or indirectly disclose the same to anyone other than its employees on a need to know basis and who agree to be bound by the terms of this Section, without the written consent of the Disclosing Party. Information will not be deemed Confidential Information hereunder if such information: (i) is known to the Receiving Party prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party directly or indirectly from a source other than one having an obligation of confidentiality to the Disclosing Party; (ii) becomes known (independently of disclosure by the Disclosing Party) to the Receiving Party directly or indirectly from a source other than one having an obligation of confidentiality to the Disclosing Party; (iii) becomes publicly known or otherwise ceases to be secret or confidential, except through a breach of this Agreement by the Receiving Party; (iv) is independently developed by the Receiving Party; or (v) is required to be released by law or regulation, provided that the Receiving Party provide prompt written notice to the Disclosing Party of such impending release, and the Receiving Party cooperate fully with the Disclosing Party to minimize such release.
- 11.3. Marketing. Unless Customer at any time requests otherwise, Tzulo may refer to Customer by name and with logo in Tzulo’s marketing materials and website and, subject to Customer’s review and approval, may promote Customer’s business and use of the Services through a press release, advertising, and other marketing literature.
- 11.4.Government Regulations. Customer will not export, re-export, transfer, or make available, whether directly or indirectly, any regulated item or information to anyone in connection with this Agreement without first complying with all export control laws and regulations which may be imposed by any government within whose jurisdiction Customer operates or does business.
- 11.5. Assignment. Neither party may assign its rights or delegate its duties under this Agreement either in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the other party, except to an affiliate or a party that acquires substantially all of the assigning party’s assets or a majority of its stock as part of a corporate merger or acquisition. Any attempted assignment or delegation without such consent will be void. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of each party’s successors and permitted assigns.
- 11.6. No Resale. Customer may not resell the Services. For purposes of this Section, the provisioning of web-hosting on Customer’s equipment and/or ISP service is not considered reselling the Services. Customer hereby indemnifies Tzulo against any harm or any claims arising out of acts or omissions of any customers of Customer or other third parties using Customer’s equipment or service that is the subject of this Agreement.
- 11.7. Notices. Any required notice hereunder may be delivered personally or by email, courier, regular mail or mailed by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, to either party at the name and address on the signature page of this Agreement, or at such other address as such party may provide to the other by written notice. Such notice will be deemed to have been given as of the date it is delivered personally or by email, courier, or five (5) days after it is sent by mail. In addition, Tzulo shall have the right to send Customer notices to Customer’s email address as contained on Tzulo’s customer contact list. Such email notification is deemed delivered on the day sent unless returned to sender.
- 11.8. Relationship of Parties. This Agreement will not establish any relationship of partnership, joint venture, employment, franchise or agency between the parties.
- 11.9. Changes Prior to Execution. Each party represents and warrants that any changes to this Agreement made by it were properly marked as changes and that it made no changes to the Agreement that were not properly identified as changes.
- 11.10. Choice of Law. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois excluding its conflict of laws principles.
Agreement will take precedence. By initialing each page, Customer agrees that it has reviewed and approved all material contained within the corresponding page.
Addendum: Additional Terms
- 1.Acceptable Use; SPAM. Customer will at all times comply with and conform its use of the Service to the Tzulo Acceptable Use Guidelines and Tzulo Anti-SPAM Policy set forth at the Tzulo website, as updated from time to time, subject to notice to Customer of any material changes. In the event Customer violates the Tzulo Acceptable Use Guidelines where Tzulo determines in its reasonable discretion that there is potential harm to its Network or business, Tzulo shall have the right to immediately suspend Service. In other cases of violation of the Tzulo Acceptable Use
- 1.Illegal Use. Customer will cooperate in any investigation of Customer’s alleged illegal use of Tzulo’s facilities or other networks accessed through the Tzulo Network. If Customer fails to cooperate with any such investigation, Tzulo may suspend Customer’s Service. Additionally, Tzulo may modify or suspend Customer’s Service in the event of illegal use of the Tzulo Network or as necessary to comply with any law or regulation, including the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. 512, as reasonably determined by Tzulo.
- 3.Other Networks. Customer is responsible for paying any fees, obtaining any required approvals and complying with any laws or usage policies applicable to transmitting data beyond the Tzulo Network and/or through other public and private networks. Tzulo is not responsible or liable for performance or non-performance of such networks or their inter-connection points.
- 4.Bandwidth Billing. Tzulo’s customers are billed based on the 95th percentile adjustment of their bandwidth usage. The minimum monthly rate is dependent on the amount of space required to co-locate your servers and is available by the shelf, rack or cage.
The purchase of space includes a minimum level of bandwidth usage, i.e. ¼ rack includes 256kbps of 95th percentile bandwidth. Any bandwidth used above that is billed on a per kbs rate. On average, this method of calculating bandwidth results in you paying for only 70% of your peak bandwidth usage. 95th percentile pricing is based on a plotted graph of 5 minute averages taken over a monthly period. The busiest 5% of the five minute samples (equivalent to the busiest 37 hours of usage every month) are discarded. The next highest sample is used to calculate the customer’s bandwidth charges. A detailed explanation of this 95th percentile billing can be described as follows.
- 4.1Traffic to and from a customer’s router is accumulated over a five minute period. The total amount of data transferred over this period is divided by 300 seconds to get a sample plot measured in bits per second, bps.
- 4.2The total of the input and output sample rates are used for this plotting point.
- 4.3Over a period of one month (i.e. 30 days) there are 8640 points plotted. The busiest 5% or 432 points are discarded, leaving you with 8208 points plotted. The largest of these points, measured in kbs, is used to calculate your bandwidth charge.
- 4.4If your monthly billing program is based on 512kbs bandwidth and your busiest sample, after discarding the top 5% of the plotted points, is 540kbs, then you would be billed for an additional 28kbs for that month. Any month that has overages above the contractually committed transfer rate will be billed at 125% of the committed rate price. Here is a sample of what the graph will look. The top 5% of the highest points would be taken out and the next highest peak would determine the bandwidth used for billing purposes. The 95th percentile billed usually equates to about twice the average daily throughput, +/- 15%. Unless otherwise stated on the Service Order Form, bandwidth transfer over the committed amount will be billed at 25% over the committed rate.
- 4.5Unmetered Bandwidth. Unmetered Bandwidth maintains a no commit gurantee on ports speeds for services. Unmetered Bandwidth services allow customers to burst to the full speed of the service port for short time periods, but not to have sustained usage that is greater then 95% metric of 30% of the port. ie a 100mb port cannot be utilized and sustained beyond 30megabits without upgrading service to a dedicaed or Burst Bandwidth model. ie a 1gigabit port cannot be utilized beyond 30% or 300mbs of sustained usage (95th metric) without upgrading bandwidth options with tzulo. Tzulo has the right to cap, rate limit, or traffic shape your service to comply with our needs to maintain a fair and acceptable usage amongst other customers on this shared service. Unmetered Service is not gurantee of any port speeds or performance metrics. It is the ability to burst without metering for compensation.
CHANGES IN TERMS OF AGREEMENT
TZULO reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of this Agreement upon thirty (30) days notice to the Customer, advising of the change and the effective date thereof, but with changes in service fees being effective only at the end of any period for which the Customer has prepaid. Utilization of the service by the Customer following the effective date of such change shall constitute acceptance by the Customer of such change(s).
The validity, interpretation, enforceability, and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
ENFORCEMENT OF AGREEMENT
In the event it is necessary for TZULO to enforce its rights under this agreement, Customer agrees to pay all fees incurred by TZULO (including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and collection agency fees)
AMENDMENT OR WAIVER
Except as otherwise provided herein, this Agreement may not be amended except upon the written consent of Customer and an officer of TZULO. No failure to exercise and no delay in exercising any right, remedy, or power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, or power hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, or power provided herein or by law or in equity. The waiver by any party of the time for performance of any act or condition hereunder shall not constitute a waiver of the act or condition itself.
ASSIGNMENT AND SEVERABILITY
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of Customer, TZULO and our respective successors, and assigns. Customer may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of NR SOFTWARE SYSTEMS, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable, or void, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
All notices to Customer hereunder shall be given at the Billing Address provided on the signature page hereto. All notices to TZULO hereunder shall be given to:
Facsimile: (847) 416-4759
Any notice hereunder shall be in writing and shall be given by registered, certified or express mail, or reliable overnight courier addressed to the addresses in this Agreement, or by facsimile. Notice shall be deemed to be given upon the earlier of actual receipt or three (3) days after it has been sent, properly addressed and with postage prepaid.
This Agreement, and any other document or agreements specifically identified in this Agreement, supersedes all previous representations, understandings or agreements. This Agreement, and any other document or agreements specifically identified in this Agreement constitutes in whole the entire agreement between TZULO and Customer. Any services or products, expressed or implied, that are not specifically included and outlined in this Agreement or the accompanying Service Order Form do not fall under the breadth of this Agreement and are in no way the responsibility of TZULO. Any additions, subtractions, or modifications to this Agreement, in part or in full, must be agreed upon by both TZULO and Customer with accompanying signatures to this effect on the appropriate document referenced by the Agreement.
The rights and obligations of the parties in this Agreement that would by their nature or context are intended to survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall so survive.
ACCEPTANCE OF SERVICES
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT BY TZULO MAY BE SUBJECT, IN TZULO’S ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, TO SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF A CREDIT CHECK AND CONTINUED CREDIT WORTHINESS OF CUSTOMER. ACTIVATION OF SERVICE SHALL
INDICATE TZULO’S ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE TZULO NETWORK CONSTITUTES
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT. CUSTOMER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT CUSTOMER HAS FULL AUTHORITY AND RIGHT TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. CUSTOMER FURTHER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT CUSTOMER IS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE.